At Brook Community Primary School, we believe that children in the EYFS need to experience a wide variety of first hand, practical learning opportunities to enable them to develop to their full potential. We aim to provide a secure, enjoyable and caring educational environment where each and every child feels valued. We ensure continuity between Nursery and Reception so that children can build on skills already developed and follow routines that flow with their needs and with which they feel safe and confident throughout their Early Years, in preparation for their future years in school.
“Every child deserves the best possible start in life and the support that enables them to fulfil their potential. Children develop quickly in the early years and a child’s experiences between birth and age five have a major impact on their future life chances. A secure, safe and happy childhood is important in its own right. Good parenting and high quality early learning together provide the foundation children need to make the most of their abilities and talents as they grow up. “(Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage, 2012)
- Provide a happy, caring, secure environment where children feel valued;
- Build on what our children already know and can do and provide new and exciting experiences that challenge, develop and stimulate their thinking;
- Provide a rich and stimulating and aesthetically pleasing learning environment that is committed to raising standards;
- Develop parents as partners, parents are a child’s first educator we aim to ensure parents are involved in their child’s learning;
- Promote self-esteem and independence through praise and celebration of achievements;
- Ensure that no child is excluded or disadvantaged;
- Offer a structure for learning that has a range of starting points, matches the needs of all children and provides opportunity for learning both indoors and outdoors;
Deliver a curriculum that supports, fosters and promotes children’s:
-attention skills, persistence and a positive attitude to learning;
-language and communication;
-knowledge and understanding of the world;
Which encompass the Early Learning Goals set out by the DFE.